    Re: iscsi: sequence timeout

    Gwendal,

    Yes, "sequence timeout" should be changed to "sequence reception
    timeout" for consistency.  Thanks.

    > occurs. According to the document, in 5.14.1.b), a sequence timeout is

    Only the option of a recovery R2T is allowed in this case, given that
    it's the description of "recovery within-command" (and 5.14.1.b makes it
    clear).

    >could it be mentioned the target can
    > terminate the command when the Sequence reception timeout pops up

    Only if it's certain that there are no more PDUs relating to the same
    ITT in the pipe *and* the initiator won't issue any further.  The only way
    to ascertain this to ensure that the task is terminated on either end.

    >Should the target take more
    > drastic action to prevent this situation?

    Yes, one of the means to force a termination by the target is to drop the
    session.  And I don't recommend it on a sequence reception timeout for
    one I/O.....
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka