    RE: Clarification in NOP's

    >             If in a NOP-Out ITT field contains 0xFFFFFFFF, then the
    > draft says the CmdSN contains the next CmdSN, However the CmdSN is
    > not advanced and the I bit should be 1.

    Current working draft says:

    	If the Initiator Task Tag contains 0xffffffff the I bit must be set
    	to 1 and the CmdSN is not advanced after this PDU is sent.

    And that "must" probably ought to be a MUST ....

    >             Does it mean that, if In a NOP-Out ITT is 0xFFFFFFFF then I
    > bit should be set 1, and hence the CmdSN is not advanced, so what should
    > a target do in a case where the ITT is 0xFFFFFFFF and I is not set to 1,
    > is it an error?

    Yes.

    > The initiator can expect a NOP-In only if the ITT value is valid, so
    > what does a target do when ITT is 0xFFFFFFFF and I = 1?

    It's at least a Protocol Error and could be considered a Format Error.
    Issuing a Reject PDU with Reason 0x09 (Invalid PDU field) is
    preferable to closing the connection due to getting the I bit
    wrong in a NOP, although the latter is permissible (Section 5.6).

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018

Last updated: Fri Aug 02 20:18:50 2002
11524 messages in chronological order