    Re: iSCSI: SNACK R2T/Data

    There is no ACK mechanism. The group wisdom was that there is no need for
    one.
    Incoming data and R2Ts are not acked (a mechanism that did that existed and
    was based on NOP-Out).

    Julo

    Michael Schoberg <michael_schoberg@cnt.com> on 18-09-2001 19:09:51

    Please respond to Michael Schoberg <michael_schoberg@cnt.com>

    To:   "'ips@ece.cmu.edu'" <ips@ece.cmu.edu>, Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:
    Subject:  iSCSI: SNACK R2T/Data

    Old subject, but I couldn't find any discussion on this:

    When does the target know it no longer needs to hold R2T & Data PDUs?
    StatSN responses are acknowledged through the ExpStatSN field received in
    future I->T requests.  What's the acknowledgement method for R2T & Data
    PDUs?  Is it tied to the original request and acknowledged through the
    ExpStatSN acknowledgment of the request's response?

    Thanks.

Last updated: Wed Sep 19 11:17:19 2001
6598 messages in chronological order