    Re: Immediate Logins

    OK - Julo

    "Ken Sandars" <ksandars@eurologic.com> on 18-09-2001 19:39:37

    Please respond to "Ken Sandars" <ksandars@eurologic.com>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL, <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    cc:
    Subject:  Immediate Logins

    Hi Julian,

    I cannot see any reason to special-case the first LOGIN command of a
    session
    to be non-immediate. From the target's perpective, there is no session
    state
    in existence for that initial LOGIN, so there isn't even a CmdSN-based
    session queue to put it on! If the spec mandated this initial LOGIN to be
    immediate it can be executed without needing to handle the specific case of
    a sequenced command when there is no session to sequence it on.

    I recommend that all LOGIN phase pdus be immediate. Please.

    Thanks,

    Ken Sandars
    ksandars@eurologic.com
    Eurologic Systems