    Re: iscsi rev 7.93 : reject pdu.

    Santosh,

    Since that is my handiwork, :-), let me answer that.  This
    also brings up a good opportunity to explain something that
    hasn't been discussed on ips.

    As captured by the change log, format errors are now mandated
    to cause session failures.

    The rationale is that format errors basically mean serious,
    reproduceable coding problems and ought to be escalated to
    the highest level - besides the fact that they may have
    messed up the framing sync.  It was also felt that diagnostics
    on Format errors outlived their purpose beyond the early
    development stage of the protocol, since we do not expect
    to see these errors in production implementations.  This change
    is generally part of the protocol simplification efforts,
    and was proposed by Mark (Bakke).  Removing the "first bad byte"
    field in Reject is merely a side-effect of the above change,
    since this field explicitly was meant to reject format errors.

    Let me also just comment on the rationale behind leaving the
    protocol error handling as it is.  While "protocol errors" are
    problems, they may not be the serious reproduceable menace that
    format errors are, neither do they mess up framing.

    Thanks.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka