    iSCSI: Appendix D:- Login/Text Operatiopnal keys

    Hi
     A few problems I see with these keys definitions are

    1.
         Item 20, InitialR2T (IO) definition says

    Note that only the first outgoing data item (either immediate data or
    a separate PDU) can be sent unsolicited by an R2T.
      whereas

         item 21 BidiInitialR2T (IO)

    Note that only the first outgoing data
    burst (immediate data or separate PDUs) can be sent unsolicited by an
    R2T.

     It does not seem consistent to me, we should correct the text in item 20.

    2.
    item 22 ImmediateData  is  having USE defined as   LO
      whereas item 20,21 have it as ALL, should not it be either IO or LO for
    both items 20,21.

    3.
    item 23 DataPDULength
     is 16-bit and the one unit is 512 bytes which is 9 bits. so total bytes
    specified using this parameter
     can be 16+9  = 25 bits
       whereas
     we only have 24 bits in DataSegmentLength field of PDUs.

    4.
    item 27 DataPDUOrder
     says if value is YES, overlays are forbidden,
     DOES it mean overlays are allowed in the case of value being NO.

    Regards
    Sanjay Goyal

Last updated: Mon Sep 17 20:17:15 2001
6565 messages in chronological order