    Re: iSCSI-countdown to new version

    Folks,

    Lest this get us all confused, the "Alias" section referred to by Julian is
    NOT the Initiator Alias and Target Alias strings debated before (about
    whether we need these in the protocol).  This new section deals with SCSI
    alias designations for use third party SCSI operations.  As Julian
    mentioned, the mechanism for using them are defined in SPC-3, but the
    specific formats for embedding the alias designations in SCSI parameter
    data is supposed to go in the protocol document (hence, it's in the new
    draft).

    Jim Hafner

    Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL@ece.cmu.edu on 09/08/2001 05:39:45 am

    Sent by:  owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu