    Re: iSCSI Plugfest at UNH (misc issues)

    thanks to all for the clarifications on ITT usage.

    Matt & Julian, to answer your comments on expCmdSN..

    > Until you identify the problem, I don't want any more "tests" mandated.

    The initiator balked somewhere in retry/timeout processing
    or garbage collection or some state assertion.  I'll have to tinker
    under the hood to find more, but it did not seem correct to get
    status for something which had not been acknowledged as delivered.

    > The iSCSI standard says that once SCSI commands get put into the task queue,
    > the CmdSN no longer associated with the command.  The initiator is NOT
    > supposed to associate commands with responses based on the CmdSN or ExpCmdSN.

    Enlighten me here....to retry a command, doesnt one need to
    know the original cmdSN of a command (Sec 7.1) ?  The initiator is
    not associating responses with cmdSN but it does know the
    original cmdSN for each task.

    > +++
    >
    > Interesting proposal. Has some academic weaknesses however. We assume that
    > CmdSN has no significance after delivery.
    > Assume that you have a good target and a very long lived command - outlives
    > a wrap around of CmdSN!
    > How would you distinguish the status of this command carying a low ExpCmdSN
    > from your case?

    I did not understand how this case could arise, assuming that
    comparisons
    occur in the sequence space (RFC1982) and (maxCmdSN-expCmdSN < 2^31)

    -Sandeep