    RE: (Start of) iSCSI ERT: handling for iSCSI response codes

    • To: <cbm@rose.hp.com>
    • Subject: RE: (Start of) iSCSI ERT: handling for iSCSI response codes
    • From: "Robert Griswold" <rgriswold@Crossroads.com>
    • Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 22:03:41 -0500
    • Cc: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Mallikarjun:

    I am in complete agreement.  We have discussed this (the separation of
    transport responses for errors from standard SCSI status CHECK
    CONDITIONS) and have been unclear on the method we would use to keep
    these separate.  I have also commented on the overloading of the
    Response/Status field, and the confusion this would cause in handling
    PDUs expected to contain CHECK CONDITIONS.  This is goodness, easy to
    understand and keeps iSCSI dependant on SCSI for this communication,
    which is where it should be addressed.  Good work on consolidating this
    thread.

    Bob

    Robert Griswold
    Technologist