    Re:

    Barry,

    Immediate data is "attached to the command". If your unsolicited data (the
    so called initial burst) is larger that what you are ready to commit to a
    single PDU you can send several PDUs with the  last having the F bit. After
    that the target can decide that it wants more and send an R2T or send
    status.

    You are no supposed to send both immediate and separate PDU.

    I admit that the text is bit confusing (in 1.2.5)  and there is an error
    also in the appendix.
    2.7.1 talk about unsolicited data (not immediate) (the context is data
    PDUs).

    The new version of 1.2.5 now reads:

       Unsolicited data can be sent as part of an iSCSI command PDU ("immediate
       data") or an in separate iSCSI data PDUs.  An initiator may send
       unsolicited data either as immediate (up to the negotiated maximum PDU
       size - DataPDULength - disconnect-reconnect mode page) or in a separate
       PDU sequence (up to the negotiated limit - FirstBurstSize -
       disconnect-reconnect mode page). All subsequent data have to be
       solicited.  The maximum size of an individual data PDU or the
       immediate-part of the initial unsolicited burst as well as the initial
       burst size MAY be negotiated at login.

    "Barry Reinhold - Lamprey" <bbr@lampreyNetworks.com> on 29/01/2001 16:34:30

    Please respond to "Barry Reinhold - Lamprey" <bbr@lampreyNetworks.com>