    RE:

    Dear Mr. Cheng,

    I assume this was directed to the list as I was not the only one in support
    of merging and including FCIP functionality in iFCP.

    Julo

    "Y P Cheng" <ycheng@advansys.com> on 14/12/2000 03:50:55

    Please respond to "Y P Cheng" <ycheng@advansys.com>

    To:   Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
    cc:
    Subject:  RE:

    > Given that FCP devices where the main concern of this WG and that iFCP
    > serves a wider purpose than FCIP and will enable not only
    > tunneling but also
    > migration of FCP devices to IP infrastructure my intention was to suggest
    > that iFCP should attempt to incorporate those FCIP functions it does not
    > care about today and those two groups should work towards one
    > common draft
    > that should cover not only tunneling but also device migration to IP
    > networks.

    The SAN community thanks you because it does not need two standards to
    connect to the IP instructure.  Some companies of this community can always
    choose to implement a subset of a standard with limited compliance.  Please
    make sure there is only one standard.