    RE: iFCP as an IP Storage Work Item

    Hi Julo:

    > iFCP as way to keep your investment in FCP stacks is a very
    > weak argument.
    > FCP stacks are not that stable neither that prevalent (there
    > is none in the
    > most widespread OS family - Windows).

    I don't understand where you're coming from.

    Granted, you won't find many FC adapters on notebooks and desktops.  However
    every enterprise-class operating system, including Windows NT/2000, provides
    robust Fibre Channel support.  What's more HBAs, host driver stacks and
    middleware for management and failover have been deployed and in-service in
    mission-critical applications for some time.

    End users have an enormous investment in qualifying, deploying and
    supporting these systems. Anyone who's ever had to deal with such users in
    major accounts will appreciate what's at stake. From that perspective, I
    believe there's value in an approach to IP migration that protects that
    investment.

    Charles