    RE: Preliminary San Diego Agenda

    David,

    As there is a 40 minute time-slot for discussion of framing, this would then
    imply there is a TCP protocol that can use framing.  This framing is to
    allow Application Specific Routines invoked upon receipt of segments on
    specific ports to parse the encapsulation, extract data and then steer it to
    locations unrelated to TCP.  This represents a significant departure from
    TCP standards even if completion signaling is made similar to the standard
    API.  Presently, the framing proposal is not seen as 100% so there is also a
    cleanup process required to pickup data awaiting placement within this now
    fragmented stream.  Do you envision using fields within the iSCSI PDUs for
    marking completion ranges of ASR data steering?  Is this completion data
    placed within SCSI descriptors as a linked list for then signaling
    completion?  How is this new TCP going to work in your view?  Would you like
    to spend a few minutes to discuss how this would also be possible with SCTP?

    Doug