    RE: TCP (and SCTP) sucks on high speed networks

    On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Dawkins, Spencer wrote:

    > RFC 2581 calls for an increase in the congestion window for each
    > RTT's worth of acks, not for each ack, during congestion
    > avoidance.

    The exact opposite, surely?

    Below, 'This adjustment is executed on every incoming non-duplicate
    ACK. ' is a Dead Giveaway. The adjustments per ack approximate to an
    adjustment per RTT...

    unless you're not counting fractions, and 'an increase' in your
    message == 'add one'.

    L.

    <L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>