    From: dan yo [mailto:ipsandude@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Monday, September 29, 2003 9:37 AM
    To: Joshua Tseng; ips@ietf.org
    Subject: RE: [Ips] iSNS: question on exporting FC Zone DB to iSNS DB

    Joshua,

    Thanks.

    Regardinig #2, I would be interested in writing a paper after I have explored

    more on the interoperability issues in bridging FC zones to iSNS, will

    definitely need more of your help.  I don't believe this qualifies for IETF draft

    or RFC, but having a more well defined rules in mapping FC zones to iSNS

    will simplify the job of managing a mixed FC/iSCSI SAN.

    On a related question, is there a way to specify a IP subnet as an iSCSI

    Initiator node in a Discovery Domain -- the intent is to allow all the hosts

    on a subnet to access the targets in the corresponding DD.

    Regards,

    Dan

    Joshua Tseng <Joshua.Tseng@mcdata.com> wrote:

    Dan,

    Here are my responses:

    1)       Yes, as alluded to in the iSNS draft.  You understood it well.

    2)       You are welcome to write a paper or RFC if you desire.  I am willing to help you out.

    3)       Yes.

    Regards,

    Josh