    Re: iSCSI User Auth MIB - security issue

    David,

    The statement (below) about DES was true last year but it's about to
    become false, because draft-blumenthal-aes-usm-05.txt recently went
    through IETF Last Call, and all the security-related issues raised were
    requests for clarifications/further explanations.  An updated draft
    addressing all the Last Call comments is ready to be submitted (before
    next week's deadline).

    Thus, your choice 2) is already in process, and "the major issue" will
    no longer be valid when the User Identity Authentication MIB is ready
    to be standardized.

    Keith.

    PS. One of the requirements of the Security Considerations section
    in a RFC containing a MIB is to specify which objects need what
    kind of security, e.g., encryption.

Last updated: Wed Jun 25 22:19:22 2003
12672 messages in chronological order