    clearing SCSI objects

    I have a concern regarding a logout followed by login's with a different ISID from the same initiator device.

    Here is my concern:

    -          the target must keep state information for the initiator port after a logout (such as a reservation - but not limited to that). This is because section F.2 says only an I_T Nexus Loss can effect clearing actions on SCSI objects.

    -          If a target receives a logout, then another login from another initiator (or even another login from the same initiator device but a different ISID) then it must have resources available because it can't clear the SCSI objects from the logged out session.

    -          The resources can become stale and the target could run out of resources.

    First, am I correct in the above? If not please explain.

    If this is correct, I have not found anything in the spec that says how long the SCSI objects must be kept around.

    Eddy

Last updated: Thu May 01 21:19:22 2003
12564 messages in chronological order