    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 8:18 PM
    To: Mark Freedkin
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu; owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI - Question about StatSN and NOP-In PDU

    Mark,

    I am not sure that I understand what is exceptional in this situation.
    I assume that your Nop-In has TTT (it is ping) and requests a Nop-Out.

    Julo

    Mark Freedkin <Mark.Freedkin@quantum.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    03/12/02 02:04

    ips@ece.cmu.edu
    cc
    Subject
    iSCSI - Question about StatSN and NOP-In PDU

    Our iSCSI target implementation generates an unsolicited NOP-In PDU as a
    "ping" mechanism after 5 minutes of inactivity within an established
    connection.  We also increment the StatSN that is carried within that PDU.
    If the initiator happens to send a PDU at the exact same time as our NOP-In
    PDU, the initiator and target StatSN values will get out-of-sync.

    Is there anything in the Draft 19-90 specification that describes how to
    handle this unique condition?

    Mark Freedkin
    Quantum Corporation

Last updated: Tue Dec 03 19:19:09 2002