    RE: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ips-scsi-mib-04.txt

    > 1) Read/Write counters
    >
    > Counter32 (counting MB transferred) wrap at about 1000 hours
    > on 10Gbps links.
    > Can we the MIB use a Counter64 instead?

    We want to accommodate SNMPv1 agents (which can't implement Counter64), so
    we can add an optional counter64.  Thanks for the reminder!

    > 2) Virtualization
    >
    > An attempt was made to list all LU's which are part of a LUN.
    > In my opinion, the ultimate mechanism to represent
    > hierarchical volumes is via a volume manager MIB. For the
    > time being it will be useful to associate a {start LBA, end
    > LBA} vector with each LU to allow for most simplistic
    > virtualization mapping.

    I'm not sure what you mean.  The MIB lists all the LU's that are contained
    within a Target device, and then a table of all the LUN mappings for those
    LU's.  I don't really think of "LU's being part of a LUN" - the MIB doesn't
    try to accommodate virtualization, we agree that virtualization is better
    represented via another MIB.  This MIB is an attempt to represent the simple
    (average?) SCSI device.  Section 3.4 states that this MIB is not meant to
    address virtual devices, merely the "visible SCSI attributes" (what a host
    will see).

    Regards,
    Marjorie Krueger
    Networked Storage Architecture