    iSCSI Boot Format Consensus Call

    With my WG co-chair hat on, it's time to close discussion
    on this so that the authors can produce the next (and we
    hope final) version of the iSCSI boot draft.

    I believe the rough consensus of the IP Storage WG on the format
    of the LUN portion of the DHCP Root Path option when used for
    an iSCSI-based boot (i.e., string begins with "iscsi:") to be:

    	- 4 groups of 4 hex digits each separated by dashes.
    		Each group represents 16 bits of the LUN.
    	- At most 3 leading zero digits may be omitted in each
    		group.
    	- Trailing zero groups may be omitted.  Omitting a group
    		also omits the dash preceding the omitted group.

    The draft authors should use their best judgment in deciding
    how to specify this format, but should include examples.  Paul
    Koning's objection to this is noted - this consensus call is
    made over that objection.  Any other comments/objections
    should be sent to the list ASAP.

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018