    Re: iSCSI: Recognizing Recovery R2Ts

    > The question is how does an initiator know when a R2T is a recovery
    > R2T and not a normal R2T?  The case I am referring is in regard to the
    > last paragraph in section 9.8 of iSCSI-v17-working:
    >
    > "DataSequenceInOrder governs the buffer offset ordering in consecutive
    >  R2Ts. If DataSequenceInOrder is Yes, then consecutive R2Ts MUST refer
    >  to continuous non-overlapping ranges except for Recovery-R2Ts."
    >
    > So the initiator is allowed to ignore the buffer offset in the case of
    > DataSequenceInOrder=Yes when receiving a Recovery R2T,  but how does the
    > initiator know in fact an R2T is being used for within-command
    > recovery?  AFAICS there is no "Recovery bit" in the R2T pdu,  and am at
    > a loss as to how the initiator would reliably ascertain this situation.

    An operational ErrorRecoveryLevel>=1 and DataSequenceInOrder=Yes
    is assumed for this discussion.

    - Generally from the initiator's perspective, any R2T with a "Buffer Offset"
      that's seeking some data that the initiator already transmitted as Data-Out
      is a recognizable recovery R2T.

    - While the target may be generating a "recovery R2T" in some cases, the
       initiator may not recognize it as such because the earlier R2T was lost for
       the initiator.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka