    Re: iSCSI: Last call issues for the Naming and Discovery document

    Marjorie-

    Thanks for the detailed comments.  I've embedded my responses below.

    --
    Mark

    > "KRUEGER,MARJORIE (HP-Roseville,ex1)" wrote:
    >
    > Some cleanup items for the iSCSI Naming and Discovery document:
    >
    > 1) Sec.1 p.5 and p. 14 define "iSCSI Address" but contradict each other.  p. 5 defines it as
    > simply and IP address [& port] and p. 14 says it's the iSCSI name and IP addr [+port].  Paragraph
    > 5 needs to be modified to match p. 14.

    How about (page 5):

       iSCSI nodes also have addresses. An iSCSI address specifies a single
       path to an iSCSI node and consists of the iSCSI name, plus a transport
       (TCP) address which uses the following format:

          <domain-name>[:<port>]

       Where <domain-name> is one of:

    > 2) Sec. 1 p. 17 says
    >
    > In this example, Robert's SSN is like the iSCSI Name, his phone number and addresses are analogous
    > to the TCP addresses which make up an iSCSI session, and "Robert Smith" would be a human-friendly
    > label for this person.
    > The statement that Robert Smith's addresses are like an iSCSI session makes no sense to me.  An
    > iSCSI session is a relationship between two separate iSCSI nodes.  Robert's addresses are only one
    > end of the relationship.  Perhaps this paragraph means to say his phone number, etc. are like an
    > iSCSI nodes TCP addresses?

    You're right; that's what I had meant.  I'll fix the wording.

    --
    Mark A. Bakke
    Cisco Systems

Last updated: Wed Sep 11 19:19:03 2002