    iSCSI : Login response with zero DataSegmentLength

    • To: <ips@ece.cmu.edu>
    • Subject: iSCSI : Login response with zero DataSegmentLength
    • From: "Priya Viswambharan" <priyav@marantinetworks.com>
    • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 15:09:39 -0700
    • content-class: urn:content-classes:message
    • Sender: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    Hi all,

    Consider the following scenario.

    1) I -> T    : login request: T=0, csg = 1, some text parameters that require negotiation

    2) I <- T    : login response: T = 0, csg = 1, response for the initiator’s text parameters + target’s own text parameters that require negotiation.

    3) I -> T    : login request: T = 1, csg = 1, nsg = 3, response for the parameters proposed by the target in step 2

    Assume that at the end of the login request in step 3 all text parameters that need negotiation have been negotiated correctly at both ends. Is it valid for the target to send a login response as follows signifying the end of login phase? If not, what should be the correct response from the target ?

    4) I <- T : login response : T=1, csg = 1, nsg = 3, DataSegmentLength = 0

    I observed that the draft says that “A target or initiator SHOULD NOT use a Text or Login Response or Text or Login Request with no data segment (DataSegmentLength 0) unless explicitly required by a general or a key-specific negotiation rule.”

    To me the above scenario does not seem to be covered by this rule. Please clarify.

    Thanks

    Priya

Last updated: Mon Sep 16 15:19:03 2002
11843 messages in chronological order