    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, July 24, 2002 7:52 PM
    To: Robert D. Russell
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu; owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Use of Reject as a key value

    Bob,

    On the last pdf you will find a statement about what to do.

    Julo

    	"Robert D. Russell" <rdr@io.iol.unh.edu>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    07/25/2002 12:58 AM

            To:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        iSCSI: Use of Reject as a key value

    Julian:

    Attached are 2 ascii text files.

    The first, reject_extracts.txt, contains all the pieces of
    draft 14 (the latest available txt version of the drafts)
    that say anything about the use of Reject as a key value.
    (At least all those I could find using simple search --
    unfortunately, Reject is also the name of a PDU and hence
    it is not a simple mechanical process to distinguish the two
    uses!  If I missed some, please let me know.)

    The second, reject_comments.txt, are my comments on these
    excerpts from the standard.

    It seems to me that the key thing missing in the standard is
    a general statement about "what to do next" if a key=Reject response
    is received.  Except for the OFMarkInt and IFMarkInt keys,
    I could find no other statement about how to proceed after
    receiving the key=Reject response.  In looking through the
    e-mails posted to the list for June and July, I also could find
    nothing, although many people seem to be taking the third
    of the 3 interpretations I listed in reject_comments.txt.

    I am requesting a clear statement somewhere in the standard that
    says "what to do next" upon receiving a key=Reject response.

    Thank you for your consideration.

    Bob Russell
    InterOperability Lab
    University of New Hampshire
    rdr@iol.unh.edu
    603-862-3774

    #### reject_extracts.txt has been removed from this note on July 25 2002 by Julian Satran
    #### reject_comments.txt has been removed from this note on July 25 2002 by Julian Satran

Last updated: Tue Jul 30 10:39:09 2002
11481 messages in chronological order