    RE: iSCSI: SRP groups in Security-14 strawman

    Ofer,

    > Sounds reasonable. Two comments:
    >
    > 1. Is there no delay concern in introducing new IANA requirements at
    >    this late stage in the iSCSI standard ?

    Shouldn't be a problem - IANA doesn't get involved in the process until
    after the IESG has approved an Internet-Draft for publication as an RFC,
    and we have other IANA requirements going in as a result of vendor-specific
    keys and key values discussed in Yokohama.  We do have to get the IANA
    text into reasonably good shape, as the IESG will ding us otherwise.

    > 2. >Target MUST offer SRP-2048 as one of the possible values of
    >    >SRP_GROUP and SHOULD offer all supported groups that are
    >    >allowed by local security policy.
    >
    >    "and SHOULD offer all supported groups..." - this sentence seems to
    >    me unnecessary. "MUST offer SRP-2048" is OK - it means that the
    >    implementation's administration interface will not enable settings
    >    that precludes offering SRP-2048. However, I'd expect the
    implementation
    >    to anyway offer other choices exactly according to the policy settings
    >    (unless it's bugged...).

    Ok.

    +1 (508) 249-6449            FAX: +1 (508) 497-8018

Last updated: Tue Jul 30 10:39:09 2002
11481 messages in chronological order