    IPS Security draft WG Last Call results

    The IP Storage WG Last Call period on the IPS Security
    draft, draft-ietf-ips-security-13.txt, ended earlier today.
    The WG chairs have concluded that the draft has passed
    WG Last Call, but there are a number of minor technical
    comments that need to be addressed, and a large number
    of editorial comments.  Congratulations and well done
    to the draft authors and contributors.

    Jonathan Trostle's comment is the one outstanding comment
    that still requires resolution; it is sufficiently minor
    that it can be resolved on the list or directly with the
    draft editor.  I will work with the draft editor on any
    issues with text to address my technical comments (one of
    which duplicates Brian Forbes's technical comment).  Ofer
    Biran's comments on how to coordinate the iSCSI and IPS
    Security drafts will be made as proposed, and Paul Koning's
    issue with respect to one of those comments has been closed -
    it's ok w/Paul to make Ofer's change as originally proposed.
    Christina Helbig's comments have turned out to be editorial
    in nature - a few clarifications are needed.

    The issues surrounding AES Counter Mode (we currently do
    not have an ipsec WG draft on this to reference) will be
    deferred to IETF Last Call in consultation with the ipsec
    WG and the relevant Area Directors, but there will be time
    on the IPS Yokohama agenda to discuss the strategy for
    dealing with them at IETF Last Call (ideally we'll have
    an AES counter mode draft by then and only need to change
    the name of the draft in the reference) - this issue spans
    a number of our drafts.

    The next step will be production of a -14 version of the
    security draft incorporating all the changes and one
    final check that it is aligned with the FCIP, iFCP and
    iSNS drafts.

    Thanks,
    --David and Elizabeth
    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Wed Jul 10 21:18:50 2002
11254 messages in chronological order