    RE: iSCSI: StatSN Field in R2T messages.

    Gwendal,

    Your argument against the StatSN are related to one specific implementation.
    Discovering earlier that there is a hole in the flow can be important for others.
    Data-In packets will probably be handled by a piece of hardware in hard speed
    implementations and that puts them in another category otherwise I would have argued
    for piggybacking it there too.
    In your implementation you are also free to  ignore the StatSN in R2T - it is only a hint anyhow
    but it may indicate early that something is missing.

    Julo

    "Gwendal Grignou" <ggrignou@silverbacksystems.com>

    06/27/2002 08:20 PM
    Please respond to "Gwendal Grignou"