    Re: iSCSI: Logout Request PDU

    Lee Xing wrote:

    > I'm not sure if someone has already brought this up...
    >
    > - in 0.13 Logout Request PDU, bit 0 of byte 1 (Reason Code) is '1'.  Should it be removed?
    > - are byte 2 and byte 3 of the same PDU for "Reserved"?  They are not labeled in the spec.

    1. Yes, this has been brought up to death :-) -- I privately brought the same
    point with Julian (that it should be removed) and publicly here on the mailing
    list, wanted to have this byte be ``bit flags'' and bytes 2-3 be
    the reason/response/status/what not bytes.

    The bit 0 you are referring to is the ``Final'' bit. And this
    signifies that no more pdu's with the same ITT are following,
    or that no more pdu in  this ``sequence'' are following, etc.

    But you are absolutely correct in referring that it should be removed!

    As you know it falls into the ``opcode specific fields'' but is
    nevertheless used as a F bit (coming from SCSI command) incorrectly.

    Absolutely nothing can be done about this at this point.

    Some say that such inconsistencies are encouraged, other say
    that for this you should wait until iSCSIv2.

    And the lame answer is: ``Since it is `opcode specific' we can
    define it to whatever we want.''

    2. Yep, you can consider anything not labelled ``reserved''
    and thus set to 0.

    --
    Luben

Last updated: Tue Jun 25 03:18:50 2002