    Re: Auth method negotiation

    On Fri, 21 Jun 2002, Chirag Wighe wrote:

    > Hi
    >
    > I am sorry for the typo but I cut and paste from the spec. In the spec on
    > page 245 for example it says
    > If the initiator authentication is successful, the target proceeds:
    > T- Login (CSG,NSG=0,1 T=1)
    > I- Login (CSG,NSG=1,0 T=0)

    Oh, if T=0, then NSG is reserved, and should have the value 0.

    > ... iSCSI parameters
    > T- Login (CSG,NSG=1,0 T=0)
    > ... iSCSI parameters
    >
    > I did a search and there are several other 1,0 transitions in the spec.

    Were they transitions, i.e. T=1? Or just notifications of continuing
    operational parameter negotiation? That's what (CSG,NSG=1,0 T=0) is.

    > Anyway what I meant was what Bill intepreted it to be which was
    > Login (CSG,NSG=0,1 T=1)
    > InitiatorName=iqn.1999-07.com.os.hostid.77
    > TargetName=iqn.1999-07.com.acme.diskarray.sn.88
    > AuthMethod=KRB5,SRP,CHAP,None
    >
    > and the target replying
    > T- Login-PR (CSG,NSG=0,1 T=1)
    > AuthMethod=CHAP
    >
    > and then my other questions hopefully make more sense.

    I think the concensus is that the target made an error. If it was willing
    to skip security negotiations (T=1, NSG=1), it shouldn't have chosen CHAP.

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Fri Jun 21 20:18:47 2002
10934 messages in chronological order