    From: Nandakumar Ramamurthy [mailto:nramamur@npd.hcltech.com]
    Sent: Friday, June 21, 2002 1:36 AM
    To: Julian Satran
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: FirstBurstSize and unsolicited data

    Hi,

    I have been following the discussion on this thread.

    I still have certain doubts regarding the
    conditions I specified in my original mail.

    The conditions are :

    FirstBurstSize = 64KB
    EDTL = 100KB ( EDTL > FirstBurstSize)
    MaxRecvDataSegmentLength = 8KB
    ImmediateData = Yes
    InitialR2T = Yes

    In the above case the initiator cannot send unsolicited Data-out PDUs.
    Here unsolicited data(ImmediateData) < FirstBurstSize.

    Will the target report any error in this case?

    The modified text for Section 9.4.6.2 only refers to the cases
    where unsolicited Data-outs can be sent.

    Please clarify if I am missing something very obvious.

    Thanks,
    Nandakumar
    Member Technical Staff
    HCL Technologies, Chennai, INDIA.