    Re: Reject PDUs and the F bit

    Bill,

    On your 1, the answer is yes.  It is designed to allow a generic PDU reject
    handling code on both sides, which may or may not escalate to the task
    termination.  If it did, it would be handled uniformly as any other SCSI Response.

    On your 2, the answer is yes, the target is expected to wait for all outstanding
    R2Ts to be responded to (section 6.5 specifies it clearly).  Sorry, I agree that it
    isn't as clear as it can be here.

    Julian, I suggest replacing the last sentence of the quoted text with the below.

         If the error is detected while data from the initiator is still expected (the com-
         mand PDU did not contain all the data and/or the target has not received
         a Data-Out PDU with the F bit set to 1 in response to each outstanding R2T),
         the target MUST wait until it receives the last expected Data-out PDU with
         the F bit set to 1 before sending the Response PDU.

    Thanks!
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka