    From: Julian Satran [mailto:Julian_Satran@il.ibm.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 6:05 AM
    To: Dennis Young
    Cc: ips@ece.cmu.edu; owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: iscsi: unsolicited data question

    yes - julo

    Dennis Young <dyoung@rhapsodynetworks.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    06/12/2002 06:20 AM
    Please respond to Dennis Young

            To:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        iscsi: unsolicited data question

    I have a question which has been asked before, but I couldn't find a direct
    answer in the archive.  The table on page 200 of draft 12 doesn't directly
    answer this question either.

    The first paragraph on page 36 of draft 12 says "Targets operate in either
    solicitied (R2T) data mode or unsolicited (non R2T) data mode."
    tells me that a target, at all times during a data sequence transfer, can be

    one or the other, but not both (non R2T for the initial data out, R2T for
    the
    remaining data).  Is this correct?

    Thanks,
    Dennis

    ---snip from an old email dated 3/30/2001---

    " Hi Julian
    Sorry if I'm covering old ground... Is it possible to use unsolicited data
    for the first burst and then request any remaining data using R2T? For
    example, if the target has a previously allocated buffer available (length
    defined by FirstBurstSize) for unsolicited data, then once the initiator has
    sent unsolicited data up to and including this amount then the remaining
    data (if any) can be requested using R2T once the target has the buffer
    space available.
    ...Matthew Burbridge Hewlett Packard, Bristol Telnet: 312 7010 E-mail:
    matthewb@bri.hp.com "

Last updated: Fri Jun 14 04:18:43 2002
10798 messages in chronological order