    RE: iscsi: unsolicited data question

    Yes the F bit in Data is not strictly needed except to simplify target function, recovery and bidirectional command execution.
    Initiators may send data out-of-order (parameters control this and this might be needed in special circumstances - e.g., copy a disk to tape) and a target might have trouble keeping track of what it got or not (discarded PDUs due to errors make the picture even more complex). The F bit is a simple indication that says "that's it"!

    Julo

    Dennis Young <dyoung@rhapsodynetworks.com>

    06/13/2002 08:02 PM
    Please respond to Dennis Young