    Re: iSCSI: 12-97 Bit Rule

    On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Luben Tuikov wrote:

    > Bill Studenmund wrote:
    > >
    > > On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Luben Tuikov wrote:
    > >
    > > > (I.e. the _bit_ ordering as per the PDU template doesn't
    > > > imply bit significance, or does it?)
    > >
    > > Uhm, that's standard practice for an IETF draft. While it may be
    > > counter-intuitive (I'd agree it is), it's standard practice with the ietf,
    > > and is used that way through the draft.
    >
    > Other than _repeating_ what Julian has said, do you have a point?

    Yes, actually, I do. 1) An independent reader of the document agreed with
    the author as to the meaning of the bit ordering. This fact is important
    as authors (as I have found with most of the technical documents I have
    written) have an intimate association with the document, and as such may
    not see things as an independent reader would. 2) I wasn't repeating
    Julian, I was expressing my opinion. The fact we agree indicates that
    we agree. :-)

    > Anyway, if you had paid attention you'd have noticed
    > that the algorithm I sent DOESN'T DEPEND on the
    > bit numbering (7:0 or 0:7) of the draft. _This_
    > was the more important subject (and my point)...

    Then why distract everyone by talking about bit sequence?

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Thu Jun 13 19:19:19 2002
10780 messages in chronological order