    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bill Studenmund [mailto:wrstuden@wasabisystems.com]
    Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 5:42 PM
    To: pat_thaler@agilent.com

    <snip>
    But there's another case too:

    Say the response from the target ALSO doesn't fit in one PDU. Yes, the
    target's not going to respond to the key=value pair that wasn't complete,
    but say its response to everything else was bigger than the initiator's
    representation of said keys. For this case to happen, the target's
    response has to grow more than the first bit of the PDU-spanning key/value
    pair.

    The case where I can see this happening is we had a mix of boolean-or keys
    and other keys. And for these bolean-or keys, the initiator wanted NO but
    the target wanted YES. So the target's response is bounded to be bigger.
    Or maybe there were some Rejects in there when the offer was less than 7
    bytes long.

    So now we have TWO PDU-spanning key sets. And the target didn't originate
    anything. :-)

    Yes, this is a rare case. But it can happen. And, for iSCSI to be robust,
    we need to prevent it.

Last updated: Tue May 28 17:18:33 2002
10357 messages in chronological order