    From: Luben Tuikov [mailto:luben@splentec.com]
    Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2002 5:23 PM
    To: John Hufferd
    Cc: Martins Krikis; ips@ece.cmu.edu
    Subject: Re: [iSCSI]: Key negotiation procedure proposal

    John Hufferd wrote:

    > Martins said:
    > "...However, I actually object to the whole idea of cutting any slack to
    > non-conforming Originators by not Rejecting their keys and sending a "good
    > value" instead.  I don't think it is good. So I'm for the removal of this
    > possibility...."
    >
    > I agree with this.
    >
    > I do not know if we have to end the connection after the Reject, but if the
    > Originator sends it again, then shut down.  I see no value in going on and
    > on (like this thread).  lets move to closure here.

    Ok, ``simple implementation'' handles this.

    But, John, what else can we do after sending key=Reject
    _and_ inter-operate?!

    We have to have some stringent rules, in order to
    achieve inter-operability _and_ negotiation convergence.

    If you have a constructive suggestion (a rule, ruleset, etc.),
    please post it.

    --
    Luben

Last updated: Fri May 24 21:18:32 2002