    Re: [iSCSI]: Key negotiation procedure proposal

    There are two things, to do when the key=value come in wrong (after sending
    a reject):
    1. terminate the connection
    OR
    2. continue but do not accept that key again.(If attempted, terminate the
    connection)
         a. What ever the defaults are, they stand.
         b. If there is no default, and the value is needed, terminate the
    connection.

    As for 1,  it is simple and not an interoperability problem -- FIX the
    Problem.
    As for 2:
    * I do not think you need to be to formal here.  Either defaults work, or
    they don't.  If they don't, then terminate and Fix the problem.
    * I do not think this brings up interoperability problems. If it doesn't
    work, terminate and fix the problem.

    This is good enough.  Pick 1 or 2 and lets stop polishing the error case.

    .
    .
    .
    John L. Hufferd
    Senior Technical Staff Member (STSM)
    IBM/SSG San Jose Ca
    Main Office (408) 256-0403, Tie: 276-0403,  eFax: (408) 904-4688
    Home Office (408) 997-6136, Cell: (408) 499-9702
    Internet address: hufferd@us.ibm.com

    Luben Tuikov <luben@splentec.com>@ns.splentec.com on 05/23/2002 05:23:14 PM

    Sent by:    luben@ns.splentec.com