    RE: Flipped locations between d11 and d12.

    The new notation has a long history of use in networking
    specifications and is required (not just "preferred")
    in all IETF standards-track RFCs.  See the
    "Bit and Byte order in drawings" Section of

    http://www.ietf.org/ID-nits.html

    It's unfortunate that we caught the need to make this
    change relatively late in the process, but the change
    does need to be made ... otherwise the draft will be
    returned to the WG with instructions to make the change.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Thu May 23 14:18:27 2002
10256 messages in chronological order