    RE: iSCSI: Login Request error

    1.  I was assuming that a Login Response would only be in reply to a Login
    Request.  So during login phase if a target receives a non-Login Request it
    should just close the connection.  It was in this mindset that I was
    wondering about the status 020B.  Is this correct or was 020b added
    specifically for the case of non-Login PDUs during login phase?  The spec is
    unclear on this.

    2.  I am the target and I receive a "ImmediateData=Ye".  I am assuming this
    is a case of a value "not admissible".  The spec on page 65 (v12) says:

         An offer of a value not admissible MAY be answered with the constant
         "Reject". The selection of a value not admissible under the selection
         rules is considered a negotiation failure and is handled accordingly.

    So I MAY return "ImmediateData=Reject".  And because of section 6.8
    Negotiation Failures on page 99 I need to "terminate the login with the
    appropriate login response code".

    In this case what is the "appropriate login response code"?  (IE the
    Status-Class Status-Detail value.)

    Thank you again for your help.

    >  My understanding:
    >
    >  For question 1 - only Login request/responses are allowed before full
    >  feature phase (no Logout since you are not logged in).
    >
    >  For question 2 - the correct response would either be Reject
    >  or Yes/No
    >  (is ok to reply with an admissible value to an invalid/unrecognized
    >  offer).  NotUnderstood should only be used when the key itself is not
    >  recognized (e.g. ImmediateData misspelled like
    >  ImediateData).  The spec
    >  explicitly states that NotUnderstood MUST NOT be used for known keys
    >  (those defined in chapter 11).
    >
    >  Carlos Rimola
    >  Silverback Systems

Last updated: Tue May 21 20:18:33 2002