    RE: iSCSI: Login Request error

    -----Original Message-----
    From: Bill Studenmund [mailto:wrstuden@wasabisystems.com]
    Sent: Friday, May 17, 2002 2:20 PM
    To: Mike Donohoe
    Cc: 'ips@ece.cmu.edu'
    Subject: Re: iSCSI: Login Request error

    On Fri, 17 May 2002, Mike Donohoe wrote:

    > 1. What error case was the Status: 020B "Invalid during login" intended to
    > cover?  I can't find any other occurence in the spec of a "Request Type",
    > say what an invalid one would be.

    I believe any command other than login (or logout?) is invalid before you
    hit full-feature phase. Thus any other such command would count as 020b.

    <PAT> It is any command other than login. Logout is not used during login
    phase.

    > 2.  If a target receives something like "ImmediateData=Ye" what would be a
    > proper status to return?

    Either Reject or NotUnderstood come to mind.

    <PAT> NotUnderstood shouldn't be used. It is specifically for cases where
    the key is not understood and all implementations would understand the key
    ImmediateData.  Assuming that a value of Ye for a boolean would be
    considered a value not admissible, then the reaction depends on whether the
    initiator is the requester or the responder for that value. 4.2.2 says a
    value of REJECT or an admissible value MAY be returned when the requester
    offers an inadmissible value. If an inadmissible values is received from the
    responder, then it is a negotiation failure.

    Take care,

    Bill

Last updated: Thu May 23 07:18:36 2002
10231 messages in chronological order