    FCIP: Comment 125

    Ralph,

    > http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ips-fcip-wglc-01.pdf
    > Please review these comments resolutions to ensure that
    > the desired changes are described.

    Sorry for the delayed review, I have additional comments on wglc-01
    for Comment 125.

    Regards.
    --
    Mallikarjun

    Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
    Networked Storage Architecture
    Network Storage Solutions Organization
    Hewlett-Packard MS 5668
    Roseville CA 95747
    cbm@rose.hp.com

    >Comment 125
    >> 9.1.2.3 Connection Setup After a Successful TCP Connect Request
    >> If the echoed FCIP Special Frame bytes do not exactly match the
    >> FCIP Special Frame bytes sent (words 7 through 17 inclusive), the
    >> FCIP Entity SHALL close the TCP Connection and notify the FC
    >> Entity with the reason for the closure.
    >Seems like all the 11 words are required to be compared. If so, what
    >is the Ch bit being used for? IOW, why SHALL it be set by the
    >responder?
    >Inquiry
    >The Ch bit serves to identify the difference between changes
    >made intentionally by the echoing FCIP Entity and changes that
    >result from transmission errors.

    OK, but I don't see how is this distinction may be made use of by the
    receiver.  IIRC, any comparison failure (Ch bit or not) leads to a
    connection drop.  Is Ch bit then intended only for diagnostics?

Last updated: Fri May 10 12:18:28 2002
10053 messages in chronological order