    Re: iSCSI: large keys during login?

    Andy,

    The data part is the same on both text and login.
    I will make o note to say this again in chapter 9.

    Julo

    andy currid <andy@windriver.com>

    05/01/2002 08:15 AM
    Please respond to andy currid

            To:        Julian Satran/Haifa/IBM@IBMIL
            cc:        pat_thaler@agilent.com ("THALER,PAT (A-Roseville,ex1)"), andy@windriver.com (andy currid), ips@ece.cmu.edu, owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu, wrstuden@wasabisystems.com (Bill Studenmund)
            Subject:        Re: iSCSI: large keys during login?

    Julian

    The sections you refer to describe Text Request and Text Response PDUs.
    Unless I've misunderstood the spec, neither of those PDUs can be used
    during login; the only PDUs that are valid for use during login are Login
    Request and Login Response.

    I was under the impression that login phase was a very simple
    exchange; initiator sends a single Login Request PDU, target replies
    with a single Login Response PDU, repeat until logged in or rejected.

    How can you have a key value span multiple Login Request or Response
    PDUs? Unlike the Text PDUs, the Login PDUs do not contain the fields
    required to permit text to span PDUs (target tag, final bit, etc.). So
    there's no defined way to determine a text payload is being continued
    in a subsequent Login Request or Response PDU.

    Regards

    Andy

    --
    Andy Currid                                       andy@windriver.com