    Re: iSCSI: Logout request

    Paul,

    No, the "target requests logout" Async Message is not an error
    indication.  On the contrary, the reason for its existence is to ensure
    that an iSCSI connection that the target wants to decommission (for
    ex., administrator wants to replace the iSCSI NIC servicing the
    connection) may be gracefully taken out with *no* SCSI errors.

    It is this quiescing intention that is reflected in the mandatory "close the
    connection" Logout that the Async Message demands - i.e. recovery
    Logout is not allowed on this Async Message.

    >The target may have good reasons to want a
    > particular connection or session to be closed but allowing a new login
    > to occur right after that.

    It is a legal possibility, but I think it's unlikely for the reasons described
    above.  If the NIC is being replaced on the target end, an immediate new
    Login attempt will fail.

    Hope that helps.
    --
    Mallikarjun