    Logout request

    I've seen some disagreement on how "logout request" is supposed to be
    treated, and the spec is rather vague.

    Section 2.5.3.3 says:
      Logout Requests and Responses are used for the orderly closing of
      connections for recovery or maintenance. The logout request may be
      issued following a target prompt (through an asynchronous message)...

    This suggests that an initiator should NOT treat a logout request as
    an indication of an error, and certainly should not treat it as a
    fatal condition.  Instead, the appropriate reaction, after logout, is
    to log in again if the initiator wants to keep using the target.

    Apparently, that interpretation is not the one everybody is using
    today.  Could we get some words in the spec (here, or perhaps in
    chapter 4) to indicate how the initiator should treat a logout
    request?

    	paul

Last updated: Fri May 03 14:18:28 2002
9960 messages in chronological order