    Re: Text Parameter Negotiation in Login

    You can certainly send your operational parameters in a single chunk.

    Julo

    Monisha Barooah <monishabarooah@myrealbox.com>
    Sent by: owner-ips@ece.cmu.edu

    03-04-02 11:44
    Please respond to Monisha Barooah

            To:        ips@ece.cmu.edu
            cc:
            Subject:        Text Parameter Negotiation in Login

    Hi All,

        I had some doubts regarding Text Parameter Negotiation. Is it possible to send more than one text parameters in a single PDU for negotiation in operational negotiation stage. In the
    first login request PDU three text paramters, that is, Initiator Name, Target Name and AuthMethod are negotiated.But how many text parameters are to be sent in a PDU in an operational negotiation stage? The default value of MaxRecvPDULength is 8192 bytes. That size is large enough to send in all the text parameters of login in a single chunk.

       Is it okay that we send all the text parameters in a single chunk? or Is it that we have to split into a single text parameter per login request PDU?

    Regards,
    Monisha.

Last updated: Fri Apr 05 02:18:21 2002
9520 messages in chronological order