    RE: Text Parameter Negotiation in Login

    Hi Monisha ,

    You can send as many text parameters as you wish in a single PDU for
    negotiation in operational negotiation stage . The initial login request
    must contain three parameters Initiator Name , Target Name & Session type (
    if the login request is for the leading connection of the session ) , but
    there is no constraint that you will have to send only these three
    parameters in the initial login request . You can send any number of text
    parameters , provided that the PDU size allows you to send these parameters
    .

    Regards
    nayan

    扵敪瑣›敔瑸倠牡浡瑥牥丠来瑯慩楴湯椠潌楧൮ഊഊ
    Hi All,

         I had some doubts regarding Text Parameter Negotiation. Is it possible
    to send more than one text parameters in a single PDU for negotiation in
    operational negotiation stage. In the
    first login request PDU three text paramters, that is, Initiator Name,
    Target Name and AuthMethod are negotiated.But how many text parameters are
    to be sent in a PDU in an operational negotiation stage? The default value
    of MaxRecvPDULength is 8192 bytes. That size is large enough to send in all
    the text parameters of login in a single chunk.

        Is it okay that we send all the text parameters in a single chunk? or Is
    it that we have to split into a single text parameter per login request PDU?

    Regards,
    Monisha.

Last updated: Fri Apr 05 02:18:21 2002
9520 messages in chronological order