    RE: iSCSI:SRP

    > Some important comments and clarifications:
    >
    > > Now, I personally believe, as you mentioned in your note, that the right
    > > way to do this is to have the SRP as a SHOULD implement.  But at
    > > Minneapolis I brought that up and was shot down by the AD, and he told us
    > > that IPR could not be a valid reason for using the SHOULD word.  "SHOULD"
    > > we were told should be used for technical reasons.  That is, the following
    > > statement in RFC2119, is being interpreted as being focused on the
    > > technical:

    As I recall, this is inconsistent with what IESG directed the TLS
    WG to do. TLS, based on SSL, was not allowed to specify
    RSA based ciphersuites as MUST, and instead, DH based
    ciphersuites were specified as MUST so as to ensure
    interoperability via unencumbered IPR.

    	-mre

Last updated: Fri Apr 05 12:18:17 2002
9526 messages in chronological order