    iSCSI: Last Call process

    > > > Is there any consensus that iSCSI Last Call should wait for DH-CHAP
    > > > Last Call?
    > >
    > > Yes.
    >
    > OH REALLY?
    >
    > I did not see a consensus call.  And I most assuredly did not see
    > consensus.
    >
    > David, can we have a consensus call on this?

    Not on that issue in particular, as it's entirely under the control
    of the WG chairs.  DH-CHAP requires serious consideration by the WG,
    and in turn the real WG Last Call for iSCSI will have to wait until
    after that consideration has occurred (e.g., there's no Internet-Draft
    yet).  Mock WG Last Call for iSCSI can be done prior to or in parallel
    with this consideration.  In practice, I doubt this'll cause a major
    hold-up, as the odds of iSCSI making it through WG Last Call on the
    first attempt are very small (i.e., we're probably going to need at
    least two "Last Call" processes, and hence whether the first one is
    called "real" or "mock" doesn't make much difference in practice).

    My intention is to start a mock WG Last Call on version 12 of iSCSI
    once it hits the I-D servers independent of the current state of DH-CHAP,
    SRP, etc.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Thu Apr 04 13:18:22 2002
9495 messages in chronological order