    RE: iscsi: CRN support not required. [was :Re: [Fwd: iSCSI: items discussed at WG meeting]]

    Howdy All,
    iSCSI currently has a CRN field but does not provide the appropriate text or
    mechanisms for its usage.
    Thus in my mind its broke in the iSCSI realm. I think the right thing to do,
    given the resistance to actually
    make it work, is to remove it from the spec. CRN is optional and a transport
    is not required
    to support it even though it does receive it.
    The use of CmdSN at the target/transport level will provide the ordering
    semantics, but unfortunately
    will block traffic to all luns when an out of order condition occurs.

    If the concept of CRN does come back around via T10, it will most likely be
    in a different form
    (e.g., it really should more than 1 byte for general consumption).

    Dave

Last updated: Thu Apr 04 11:18:38 2002
9488 messages in chronological order