    RE: iSCSI:SRP

    > To answer David's question 2 about SRP and DH+Chap: SRP is superior
    because
    > it is done. The objection to it was based on an IPR uncertainty that has
    > been resolved.

    Sorry - that IPR uncertainty is not resolved by a long shot.  We are now
    in a situation where SRP is considered potentially encumbered in the absence
    of "no license needed" or offers of Stanford-like licenses from Lucent and
    Phoenix, and I don't view those as realistic possibilities.  That is what
    I meant by not being able to turn back the clock.  We have to do the
    DH-CHAP analysis.

    +1 (508) 249-6449 *NEW*      FAX: +1 (508) 497-8500
    black_david@emc.com         Cell: +1 (978) 394-7754

Last updated: Wed Apr 03 20:18:24 2002
9472 messages in chronological order